Thursday, 19 September 2013

"Confessions of a Binge-eater" and low FODMAPs

I thought I should start by giving you all a bit of background to my disordered eating. I wrote a guest post for Sarah at Welsh Girl Eats entitled Confessions of a Binge-eater a while ago now, but it will give you all a better feel for where I'm coming from. (If you're not up for a read basically cycles of binging and restricting).

I'm happy to say things are still going well, while I do still struggle with overeating (even the good stuff) I'm worlds away from where I used to be. I do still face challenges with trigger foods, emotional eating and phases of really not caring if I am eating myself to a slow suicide but that's another reason for this blog! To keep motivated even when I'm feeling blue. Here's hoping it can work that way for you too!

My stomach and I have not always seen eye to eye. I've struggled with IBS like symptoms linked to anxiety/depression, disordered eating and suspected food intolerances for as long as I can remember. Recently I've adopted a low FODMAPs style diet- you can find more info here. This has helped HUGELY! Omitting onions, garlic and apples has been the single most influential factor for me and if you're struggling with digestive issues I can't recommend giving it a look enough.

I hope that gives you a better background for understanding my rumblings on this blog, as always, if there's ever anything you're curious about feel free to contact me!

Love and Smiles,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...