Sunday, 27 October 2013

Exercise

My name is Claire and I used to gym a gym addict. I used to live at the gym... I could spend 6 hrs there easily... do my routine, take a class or two, go for a swim, relax in the spa/sauna etc. For the last year or so it has been in the process of being renovated, there didn't seem much point paying for the temporary gym so I quit. As you can imagine I've missed it terribly. I've been focusing on doing the things that make me happy and have developed a much healthier relationship with exercise. No more exercising calories 'off', no more pushing myself through pain to get in x hours a day.

Exercise that makes me smile:
Hula Hoop
Skipping
Yoga- some of my favourites are the triangle pose, warrior, downward dog, sun salutations etc.
Walking in the sun with music
Stationary bike on the balcony
Run- I did the couch to 5k running program but I think I'll need to do it again now!
Body weight exercises- push ups, sit ups, plank, squats, tricep dips etc.

Now the gym is about to reopen with all it's new renovations complete so I thought I'd take advantage of the no joining free period and get back into the swing of things!
I did the fitness test and it was shocking... well, the cardio was. It took me 18 mins to run/walk 2.5 kms. Deary me.. at least I could hold the plank for 1 min and that will only get better!

Here's my circuit style routine to whip me back into shape, regain some muscle tone and lose weight.

What do you think?
What kind of exercise makes you smile?

Love and Smiles,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...